Saturday, October 13, 2012

So close . . .


Okay, in spite of what the naysayers have to say (coT cough I couFFgh A cough couNgh Ycough . . . excuse me), we pretty much completed the bathroom reno in two days. And I maintain we could have done it in one IF I had all the parts ready to go. That was my error. 

While it may take SOME people two day to clean a room, (coT cough I couFFgh A cough couNgh Ycough . . . excuse me), I can renovate in two. HA!

Sorry to the rest of you, but I was roundly mocked and criticized by a fellow blogger, who shall remain nameless, for suggesting a one-day reno was even possible. I still say it is. HA!

Anyhoo, last night, at about 7:30, I put the toilet back in place. That was after putting the vanity back in place. And that was after prepping the floor and installing the new vinyl flooring. And I even had a nap today. So there, nameless one.

It is awesome, mostly. It would be completely awesome if a certain store, that shall remain nameless, RONA, had the countertop it claimed to have two of, earlier in the day. But did NOT have  at 6 p.m., in spite of the fact the store inventory computer claimed to have both. Grrrrrrr.

So today, to spite the nameless box store, I shall head to Winnipeg in search of the perfect vanity countertop. For I have the perfect taps ready to install in said countertop. Okay, so it's not just spite, I want this freakin' job DONE!

Oh, and Sontoo has a nasty, nasty little cough that has kept him awake for a few minutes every hour, throughout the night. And that means I've been awake most of the night, as I can not go quickly and peacefully back to slumberland after my hot honey and lemon drink.

I am so tired, in fact, that I stuck the SD memory card from my camera into the disk drive on my computer this morning and had to fish it out with two knives. It was not easy . . . and I'm tired.

Anyhoo, that's it, other than a few quick renovation pictures. Have a great, um, Saturday. Yeah, Saturday.

It starts.

Midway


End of Day 1

End of Day 1 from other side.

End of Day 2. If I'd had the countertop, it WOULD have been installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment