Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Accepted!




I'd read about it . . . and I found it hard to believe. I'd never experienced it, but the other Stay-at-Home-Dads shared their stories and swore it was true. They had been rejected, told they weren't welcome, at Mommy and Me groups.

Sad, in this day and age, that such discrimination still exists. Sexism, running unchecked in church basements and community centres.

I found it so hard to believe, until it happened to me.

It was about three years ago. I'd been an RCMP spouse for about 8 years when I discovered a Facebook page for us; for RCMP spouses to talk, share, commiserate and celebrate the life we all lead.

And yeah, I applied for membership. And I was rejected. So I wrote about it here.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. A comment on the "Rejected" blog post. From another RCMP spouse, an admin on another RCMP spouse Facebook page. And she was inviting me to join. INVITING me! 

So I did. And now I'm one of us. Thanks Sandy!

So let's see, what else? Animal butt magnets . . . still cracking me up!

Oh yeah, and while we're talking about sexist behaviour . . .

A quick review of "Mom's Ultimate Magnetic Family Fridge Calendar 2012."

First off, bought this one cause I didn't see "Dad's Ultimate Magnetic Family Fridge Calendar 2012." Mostly because there wasn't one. 

Second, mine didn't have the stickers in it. Don't know who to blame for that one. Walmart? Manufacturer? Who knows, but it had no stickers. And I like stickers with my calendar.

Third, the "magnetic" part failed. It fell off. I had to Superglue it back on. Bad, bad, bad.

You'll have to wait until next year for the full review of "2013 Family Calendar," but I will say it's wording is gender neutral and it has all of the promised stickers. It's up two points already.

Have a great Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment