Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Served cold . . . with a little warmth


Well, I guess it's safe to say I blew the Blogtober thing all to crap. Couldn't do it even by cheating a little. Oh well, I did some writing. I did more writing than if I hadn't tried to participate. 

So I'll call it a win.

And, to be fair, I'll close out the month with a final blog. 

Happy Halloween to you all. My day started poorly, in spite of a rare, good night's sleep. I woke up to find that someone had smashed our pumpkins. And ya know, at almost any Halloween in my life up to this point, it's no big deal. It's a pumpkin.

But this year, for the first time, Sonwun gutted, designed and carved his very own pumpkin. He insisted on doing it solo. He did a good job and he was very proud of his creation.

The look on his face this morning pissed me off in a very, very, very big way. I'm trying to stay daddy-like here and avoid the potty-mouth that sometimes bursts forth in these situations. But man, I'm a tad miffed.

I'm not sure I should be handing out candy tonight. I'll be giving the evil eye to everyone who looks capable of pumpkin kicking. That's a lot of evil eye. But I just know that whoever did this lives in my neighbourhood. And he, she, or they will be at my door tonight looking for goodies. 

Sigh.

I guess at this point I have to admit I kicked a few pumpkins in my day. I soaped a few windows . . .

At that age you just don't think about the kid who proudly carved his pumpkin and how devastated he feels. You're a kid yourself, why would you think of these things?

Now, that being said, my first instinct (to catch the kid and kick him in the teeth) may have been wrong. 

But I think it's fair and reasonable to stay up all night next year, on the roof, with a garden hose. It also may not be wrong to "mine" the front yard with dog poop that night. Maybe a strategically located trip wire or two. Nobody gets hurt. Just a little poopy. That's funny right there.

We'll keep that one in the bank. I've got a whole year to plan, I've got a wicked and vengeful mind revenge is a dish best served cold. (Dog poop, on the other hand, better warm). (Which reminds me, I also have the advantage of  a level-headed wife to keep me from going over the edge).

Anyway, have written about it. Feel better now. 

Have a great Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. Mines in your yard would be awesome! Stupid mean teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is three months old. That's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! What the H? I'm sure there is one missing!

    Approval THIS. lol

    ReplyDelete