Saturday, October 6, 2012

Gobble Gobble


So . . . Turkey Day, 2012.

I started doing my standard whine about not being near family during the holidays. I stopped. We've been there, written that, got the t-shirt.

My plans for tomorrow?

Good stuff. First and foremost, Thanksgiving Sunday is the day that I allow myself to open the inaugural jar of pickles. Kind of a family tradition that I'm sure is based partly on proper pickling technique and partly on a desire to make sure the pickle supply is not entirely decimated before Christmas. There were five kids in the family. Pickles went fast.

Two months to the day. 


And, as has become tradition, we will be joining some other RCMP orphans for the holiday feast. And sharing the pickles. Others will bring their family favourites and we'll feast and we'll feast and we'll feast, feast, feast, feast!

M & C are hosting this year. And M is brining the turkey. I have never eaten, to the best of my knowledge, a brined turkey. Really can't wait to try it! Should be seriously, seriously delicious. I'm serious. 

Anyhoo, those are the plans. Neomom is finishing up the nightshift tonight, will sleep until the afternoon tomorrow and then it's off for turkey!

Tomorrow, I plan to finish up the laundry, keep the minions quiet while mom sleeps, bake some squash and season it to perfection! Shave, shower, sh . . . and get ready to go.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all my friends in the Great White North. Whether you celebrate Sunday or Monday, here's hoping it's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment