Friday, October 12, 2012

Renovation, Day 2


Well, it's Friday and my bathroom is in pieces.

Yesterday, when I woke up, I had a wonderful, albeit delusional idea. I figured with Neomom's help, I could pull off a . . . wait for it . . . one-day bathroom renovation! It had to be possible. I mean, all I needed was a new floor and a new vanity countertop. I would replace the wax ring under the toilet at the same time. How hard could it be?

The plan was simple. Take out toilet and vanity. Replace old subfloor, if needed. Lay down new floor, reinstall toilet and vanity with new top. How hard could that be? And hey, by 10 a.m., I had removed the counter, sink, vanity, toilet and a section of subfloor. It was looking good.

And ya know, I might have been able to pull it off. But the shopping slowed me to a crawl and ultimately shattered my home improvement dream. I leave this stuff to Neomom, 'cause I have no idea how to match the walls, floors, tub and countertop. Seriously, if it was up to me, everything would be the exact same colour, probably black cause it's cool, and then I know it would all match. That's why I don't pick the colours.

So, this morning, I will finish prepping the subfloor for vinyl installation. I will touch up the paint in places I could not reach with the vanity and toilet in place. I will wait until noon when the adhesive will arrive at the flooring store. I will go and get it.

I will install the new floor and then I will do the caulking along the bathtub and around the entire perimeter of the bathroom. That was ONE of the last guy's mistakes. He didn't do the caulking, which is why had to replace the subfloor. 

Anyhoo, then I will install the old toilet and the old vanity. And then I will wait seven-to-ten business days for the new countertop. And then I will install that and the new sink and taps. 

So, in the meantime, Sonwun and Sontoo will have to share the downstairs bathroom with their parents when it comes to hand washing and tooth brushing. But, all thing being equal (knock wood) they will be able to shower and poop in their own bathroom by tomorrow afternoon.

Wish me luck! And have an awesome Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahah! One day bathroom renovation? Hahahahaah!

    That makes me laugh.

    Seriously. What were you thinking?

    ReplyDelete