Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Animal Butt Magnets!


Ya know, it can be a little disconcerting when your six-year-old acts more mature than you do.

Let me explain.

It started off in a pretty mature way. For my birthday, my mother sent me a gift card for Chapters. It's a nice, mature gift for a mature man. My wife got one as well.

And so, we drove the mature and manly minivan to Chapters near Polo Park in Winnipeg to purchase a book or two. Something to educate, stimulate or, perhaps, amuse.

Neomom and I took turns browsing while the other kept an eye on Sontoo at the Thomas the Train table. I purchase a Starbucks coffee to enhance the experience and looked for a nice book on making sauces. Neomom browsed the kids' section and picked up a book or two for the boys. 

In the end, we walked away with three books for the boys, a calendar with stickers (cause I like stickers on my calendars) and a six-pack of animal butt fridge magnets. It was actually Neomom who found the magnets, but I fully endorsed the purchase.

ANIMAL BUTT MAGNETS!


The book for Sonwun was a resounding success. He actually got in the van after school and announced to Neomom that she just HAD to buy him a certain book that was available through the Scholastic Book services. Mom said maybe. 

And when Sonwun got home, he showed me the book he wanted. I said, maybe, go put the catalogue in your room. And on his bed, purchased earlier at Chapters, was the very book he HAD to have. That's kinda cool, eh?

Anyhoo, later that same day, Sonwun wandered into the kitchen, where I had earlier placed the six animal butt magnets on the fridge. He looked at them. He looked at his mother. He looked at them again and said: 

"Butt magnets? I would have preferred animal head magnets. Animal butt magnets . . . they're a little inappropriate, don't you think?"

Seriously, inappropriate. Proud of him for using the word. A tad chagrined perhaps, that he was using it to describe his parents' behaviour.

But I love the magnets. So does Neomom. Sonwun is just being a poopyhead.

Have a great Tuesday.

P.S. I mentioned the relationship between Puffy and Sontoo recently. I think it may be getting out of hand.

I DID say he follows him everywhere.



The cat IS alive. How he gets the spine to do that, I have no idea. But I thought it was cool!

1 comment:

  1. I love the magnets, but about your cat...how does that happen, you have to investigate! The photo makes it seem like your cat is bent in three different directions, still really cool!

    ReplyDelete