Monday, January 9, 2012

Sorry

Gonna be a short one this morning, I think.


Sonwun heads back to school this morning. Back to the routine.


With a little more than two weeks off for Christmas, we've all become a little accustomed to a more relaxed way of doing things. So this morning it's a bit of a scramble to get lunches made, breakfast consumed, coats, hats and mittens rediscovered.


Have to admit, I backed off on the rules, maybe a little too much, over the break. Beds weren't made in the morning, the dog wasn't fed by Sonwun and the Wii got more than a little too much exercise. Back to crackin' the proverbial whip. And not just with the kids.


I'm proud to say I've kept my promise to blog daily now for two whole weeks. No surprise, I guess, that it coincides with Sonwun's Christmas break. I've had a little more time each morning to sit, ponder, blather. All good.


I find my best writing time is about an hour after my first coffee, when the caffeine's fully on board, I'm awake and sort of thinking.


This time has now diminished. I have to concern myself with lunch-making, child-dressing (they do it on their own after five or six reminders) and breakfasting on schedule. Blogging, therefore, falls to a back burner.


And that, my friends, is why today's post is so damn boring.


Sorry about that, will work to improve under the new schedule.


Have a great Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I like even your "boring" posts Mike. Keep 'em coming ; )

    ReplyDelete