Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm part of the problem . . .


Aw crap!


I had planned a cop-out blog this morning. You know, something like a Top 10 of 2011, a look back at my favourite posts from the previous year. Turns out I only did 12 posts last year. Bad, bad blogger.


Thus the resolution to stay at this every day for 90 days. So onward.


As is my custom, I sat down with my coffee at the computer this morning to check out my favourite sites, check the weather, read a little news and check my blog stats. I mean, I write mostly for myself, but I can't help but take a look at how many people actually read this stuff. And I had a good day yesterday thanks, I'm sure, to my buddy Patrick's social media assistance. He tweeted and reposted yesterday's ramblings on his Facebook page.


On an average day, I see about 20 visitors, if I post the blog to Facebook. That number goes down to about 10 if I don't. Yesterday, I had 30 readers: 22 from Canada, six from the U.S., 1 from France and one from the Cayman Islands (Hi Steve!).


As for the news, well, I don't even want to talk about it this morning. Toxic, just toxic.


And then there's Facebook. I love some of the little posters or pictures that some folks find and share. Saw one this morning and thought, I've got to steal that and share it. Why? I actually thought about it this morning. It's this one:




Now I didn't repost this, even though I really wanted to. After all, it would make me look smart, superior. I honestly have no idea who the drunk chick on the right is. Pretty sure I've seen that pic in the tabloids in line at the grocery store checkout. But I don't know who it is.


But the kicker is the fact that I can only identify two folks on the left. Einstein and Hawking. That's it. And as much as I'd like to create the illusion that I know them all, just by posting this, I had to stop myself. Maybe after I figure them all out, I'll post it and then feel pretty smug. But for now, I just have to pride myself in NOT knowing who drunk chick is.


I guess I'm only partly what's wrong with the world today. If I learn who the rest of the good people are, I will in no way be responsible for what's wrong with the world today. It's a good goal.


Have a great Thursday. I've got some studying to do.

3 comments:

  1. Glad I may have been able to push up the numbers yesterday. But i didn't do it for you. I did it cuz i thought what you call "ramblings" were worthy of others taking note. :)
    As for the who's who in the pix. I am proud to say i don't know the drunk chick either. I know the two you identified. Here is third to add to the list: Karl Marx
    Anyone else want to play this game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even watch the show she's on, and I know who she is! lol. It's awful.

    She's up there with Paris Hilton, who happens to be famous for . . . beats me. Being a high society idiot as far as I know.

    I only knew Einstein and Hawking too. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charles Darwin and Sigmund Freud

    ReplyDelete