Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday




Not much on my mind this morning. Sonwun is back to school today, after a long weekend to recover from the ear infection.

Have not had a complaint in 36 hours and have not administered delicious grape-flavoured ibuprofen in 48. Good news. If I get a call from the school today at 2:30, I'm gonna be pissed.

Let's see, what else. The House of Commons Comedy Hour(s) returns today. Should be an entertaining session. We've got Harper running free to do as he sees fit, with only some blistering blustering from a headless opposition to temper him. Headline writers, stand by. Should be plenty of fodder.

I actually saw a headline yesterday, "Tories, NDP lock horns over Commons agenda"

Waiting for today's equally stunning headline, "Water is wet"

These two parties will "lock horns" over everything for the next few years. At least during the televised House of Commons Comedy Hour. When I took a school trip to Ottawa in Grade 10, we visited the House and, even at that age, I was appalled by the behaviour. There is no governing going on in these sessions. It's merely a time for the opposition to piss on the ruling party and every move it makes. To ask overloaded questions and make over-inflated accusations. And it's a time for the governing party to piss back at the opposition and ignore their questions while providing half-truths about their programs, bills and agenda. 

Ya know, if I have time, I'm gonna tune in today. Glutton for punishment I guess.

Anyhoo, that's it for this morning. 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment