Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Monday


So, five days down in my little hydroponic experiment and I have three little plants peeking through. Thyme was first out of the gate, and now the Italian basil and lemon basil have made an appearance. If the literature is correct, I'll be enjoying my first harvest in a week or two. Yay! (You can click on the little pictures to see them full size).





In other news, a fairly sleepless night has resulted in a few new theories for bread baking. My brain tends to sort out the day's problems over night. When the problems are bugging the crap out of me, my brain often wakes me up to check a few of its theories before allowing me back to sleep.

For my next bread version, 7.0, I will allow more time for the dough to rise in a less warm environment. I will also be shaping the loaves in a slightly different way. And that, my brain told me at 2:13 a.m., should result in an unfallen loaf. Here's hoping.

So, the week ahead . . .

Neomom's been called to testify at a trial in Thompson. She had a minor role in this one, but is apparently needed. She leaves tomorrow and will, hopefully, be back on Wednesday or Thursday. The good news is that she gets to see our best friends in Thompson, Cathy and Dave. The kids call them Grampa and Nana and they were the best part of our time in Thompson. I'm a little jealous.

Sonwun's back to school today, Sontoo and I have a little shopping to do and then it's back to work on Sonwun's new bedroom.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment