Sunday, January 15, 2012

Post 15


I don't feel like blogging today.

Not sure why. Just tired, nothing exciting's happening, nothing's really pissing me off - any more than usual. I got a lot done yesterday, and am just not feeling motivated today. I managed to get the kitchen cleaned up, prepped the new drywall for taping and got the garage back to two-car status. But I'm done. Just wanna sit back, grab a beer and watch football, or nap.

So, a topic. Let's check the news. Okay, nothing there. Someone's suing the government, a teenager crashed his parent's Mercedes into a lake . . . blah, blah, blah.

Okay, after floating around in cyberspace a while, I see the Golden Globes are tonight. Generally not a big fan of these shows. If the host is funny, or interesting, I'll catch the opening monologue at least. If it's really good, I'll watch a while longer. But I just can't stomach all the "thanking" speeches. They come across as phoney as a YouTube apology from a Vancouver rioter.

But tonight, I guess I'll watch a little. Ricky Gervais is hosting. I can't say I find him funny. But it's interesting, for lack of a better word, to watch the discomfort he creates among the acting elite. The audience shots at most of these events show the celebs busting a gut at the softball jokes lobbed their way. With Gervais, who fires fastballs on the inside of the plate, you can actually see the confusion on some of the actors' faces as they laugh a little, glancing around at the same time to make sure it's okay to be laughing while a compatriot is being skewered.

Guess it's kinda like rubber-necking an accident on the highway. You don't want to look, but you just gotta.

If I can stay awake, I also want to see if British actor Idris Elba wins Best Actor in a Mini-Series Made for Television. He plays the lead character on a BBC cop show entitled Luther. Neomom and I stumbled across Season 1 of this show while searching around on Netflix. We both love it and anxiously await Season 2. If you have Netflix, check it out. Elba (playing the lead cop) is awesome and his psychotic female lead is equally so. Disappointed she didn't get a nomination here.

Anyhoo, don't know much about the Golden Globes beyond this. I honestly don't even recognize the names of 90 per cent of the movies nominated. Gotta get out more, I guess.

That's all I got today. Have a great Sunday. I'm going to watch football.



No comments:

Post a Comment