Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ouch


Ooooohhhhh.

So sore this morning. Getting' older sucks.

Spent much of yesterday trying to get the drywall done in a small part of Sonwun's soon-to-be-new bedroom. One piece in particular, about a half sheet on the ceiling, gave me trouble. It was up and down about five times before I finally got it to fit correctly. Then holding it in place with one hand and trying to get it screwed down with the other . . . I used muscles that apparently haven't seen action in a while.

Back in the day . . . sit down and listen kiddies, an old person is speaking . . . I was able to spend an entire day hanging drywall and still come home and play baseball at night, followed by a few beers at the pub. I would awake the following morning feeling fine, refreshed and ready for another day of hard work.

I guess the definition of hard work, in my life anyway, has shifted slightly. Such is the life of a stay-at-home dad. I mean, by the current definition, I still have a big day ahead. I need to make banana bread, I need to make regular bread. I need to clean up the giant coffee spill in the front hallway, I need to keep the minions from fighting and I need to hang a couple more pieces of drywall and maybe start taping said drywall. There's also laundry, if I'm feelin' crazy.

But right now, I need to make pancakes. The minions are hungry and are not shy about telling me so. 

Have a great Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment