Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3

So, Day 3 of the New Year and day 3 of my 90-day blogging commitment/resolution.


And Day 1 of being blocked.


So far this morning, I've written two and a half blogs. But they were written more in an effort to meet my commitment than from the heart. So I deleted them. And I'm starting again. And I'm getting annoyed.


The boys are behind me fighting over who gets the "controlling" controller in the two-man game of MarioKart. And that's pissing me off too.


I don't mind being pissed off when I write. It actually has produced some of my better stuff. But it's gotta be the right kind of pissed off. MarioKart squabbles are not the right kind.


So, back on track. A blog, after all, is little more than a journal.


I guess today I'm feeling a little out of sorts because my family, much of my family anyway, is together back in southern Ontario. I've seen the photos on Facebook of my brother, sisters, brothers-in-law, nieces and nephews touring around Toronto, enjoying dinners out together and having a good time.


The photos made me smile, but I wish I was there.


I've mentioned here before, I think, that my two brothers, two sisters and myself are spread fairly thin throughout North America. Sister in Kansas, sister in BC, brother in New York, brother in southern Ontario. Me in Manitoba. We don't get together for Sunday dinners.


As such, I suppose, we don't get into the mundane little spats that many families do. But we do miss each other, especially during the holidays and during times of stress.


And right now, we've got both. The holidays are obvious, but the stress added this year is that my dad, who also lives in southern Ontario, is fighting stage four, metastatic, renal cell carcinoma. Cancer. And, if you can qualify this shitty disease, bad cancer.


And ya know, I really didn't want to go here. I'm not really ready to talk about it in a blog. There are so many factors, so much crap going on . . . let's just leave it here.


So, plans for today . . . it's garbage day. And I've already taken out the garbage. I plan to bake bread again today, as my minions have destroyed the first two loaves and are demanding more. I'm also hoping to get them over to the skating rink and am praying that the skates we bought last year still fit.


That's all I got for Day 3. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment