Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More Renovation . . .

So apparently Sonwun needs his own bedroom. **sigh**


Okay, let's be fair. He doesn't NEED one. He would like one. And, considering there is one available, with only minor renovation required, it looks like he'll get it.


And when I say only minor renovation required, I mean we've already done some major renovation and there's only a small part left. It used to be the guest room. But it's not exactly like we're running a B&B here. If we get a guest or two a year, it's a big year.


But Sonwun has reached the stage in his life where he wants to express some more individuality. He wants his room to be HIS room, without any input, mess or toys from Sontoo. He wants Batman on the wall, Batman on his bedspread and his precious Lego creations displayed for all to appreciate.


I have spared him the speech about growing up with two brothers in my bedroom. About having to sleep in the same bed with one or the other for periods of my young life. Times are different. Fewer children, more bedrooms.


I worry a little about Sontoo. To this point, he's had his older brother for night time security. Sonwun's bed is closer to the closet, so Sontoo has ample warning when the monsters come out. He doesn't have to be faster than the monsters, just faster than Sonwun.


The big question is what to do with that freakin' futon we bought two houses ago. It just doesn't fit anywhere in this house and was stored in the guest room. It never worked properly and got used only when my snoring became too much for Neomom to sleep through - or vice versa. I just have no idea where to put it.


So, that's my plan for today. Pick up a little drywall, remove a few 2X4s, tape, mud. Oh, and bake bread. We're running low and I'm proud to say that we have not purchased a loaf in 2012. I need to keep that record alive.


And while I'm on the subject, Bread Baking Tip of the Day:

Don't listen to those stupid recipe instructions about placing a dish towel over the loaf pans while the bread rises. Last time, my bread rose beautifully, but collapsed catastrophically, when I removed the towel, which was stuck to the top of the loaves. Made me very sad.


Today, I'll try using Saran Wrap, spritzed with some cooking spray, to cover my rising loaves. Will let you know how it goes.


Anyhoo, things to do.


Have a great Hump Day. Celebrate as you see fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment