Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Still Sick


Day 2. Head cold still holding strong. Can't taste coffee. Can't taste what I believe was curdled cream in coffee. Gonna be a good day.

Yeah, Neomom's still in Dauphin. She's struggling with the same head cold, but she's a day or two ahead of me. I can't wait until she starts to feel better. It will turn on the light at the end of my tunnel. 

The boys are behaving fairly well so far. Probably the fear of poking the angry, sick bear that is hiding in the basement. Whatever works.

So, on top of the snot fest that has invaded my face, and the fact that I'm single parenting for a week, it's I Love to Read Week at Sonwun's school. And that means, in my Nyquil-hazed, tasteless, hearing-impaired state, I must remember the daily activities associated with this little festival, and remember to prepare Sonwun each morning.

Last night, we filled out the Valentine's Day cards. And if I wasn't so tired, I'd rant on about getting children started on their Hallmark-inspired addiction to meaningless paper sentiment. ("Swinging By With A Valentine Hi!" *picture of Spiderman*) But I am too tired.

I think they're also going on a hayride today, weather permitting. (Short pause and sound of Dad checking weather) And the forecast says +3 today. Looks like the hayride's a go. I think they said they'd have to call it off it the temp hit -27C. Good to have standards.

Oh, that reminds me. He's supposed to wear red today. Note to self. Find red stuff.

Well, 6:06 a.m. and Sontoo is up. 

"You know what I want to do this day Daddy?"

"No."

"I wanna go on a roller coaster ride."

What a sense of humour this kid has.

Well, that means I gotta start the day. Gonna be another long one.

Happy Valentine's Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment