Monday, February 13, 2012

Snork


So, Neomom took off yesterday. Five days in Dauphin for some training course thingy.

But she left us a little gift on the way out: a lovely head cold . . . for all of us to share. 

So far, I'm the only one enjoying the free-flowing phlegm, plugged ears, desire to sleep for 10 years and dead taste buds. And I'm hoping it stays that way. Not the disease, the fact that I'm the only one with it.

Last night I fed the boys leftover spaghetti, made with my hydroponic basil and oregano!! I wanted to make myself a nice cucumber, tomato, red onion salad with more of my basil. But I would have had to empty the dishwasher, and cut stuff up, and pour stuff in. Too much work for something I wouldn't taste anyway. Maybe today if all goes well. 

I do love this salad. I throw in a little olive oil and rice wine vinegar, salt, pepper . . . good to go. Delicious! When you can taste it.

Anyhoo, not motivated much this morning. To write, or to do much beyond fall on the couch. So I'm gonna keep it short. Must stock up on hot dogs and Kraft Dinner. Boys won't eat much beyond that anyway. Maybe some bananas and apples, for the vitamins. And maybe some chicken wings. The boys don't like them, but when you've got a head cold, there's nothing like hot sauce to clear things up.

Have a great Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment