Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Garbage Hill

Wednesday . . .

Another day off for Sonwun. Got a call last night from the school's phone tree. Seems it wasn't a broken water main, as was reported to me yesterday. Seems the sewer backed up in the basement of the school. That can't be good. It also explains the "honey wagon" I saw parked there yesterday.

So I've been told we have today, and maybe tomorrow as well, with Sonwun at home. Sounds like another toboggan day to me!

We went yesterday to what is affectionately called "garbage hill" here in Portage La Prairie. I'm told it's an old dump. But it's a great toboggan hill. It even has a couple of large lights installed for night-time sliding. Cool! And so much better than the ditch in the front yard.

So last night I put out a Facebook call for my friends in Portage, who have kids at the same school, to join us on Garbage Hill again today. Hoping for a good turnout! Plan to bring the video camera today to capture some of the fun. If I'm successful, I'll try to post some of it here so that you too can experience the joy that is Garbage Hill of Portage La Prairie!

In other news, my hydroponic experiment continues to flourish (but not flounce). All of the seed pods have sprouted, but thyme and basil remain in the lead. Dill is way behind and oregano has a good start. (I mislabeled the last photo, calling the thyme oregano. I know this news probably changes your view of the world this morning. Sorry about that.



And finally, I'm one full month into my 90-day, blog-a-day commitment. For the most part, I'm proud of myself. But I have posted a few filler pieces. Not proud of those.

And so far, this year, I've had readers from 11 different countries, believe it or not. My analytics program tells me my blog has been visited by people in Canada, U.S., Brazil, United Kingdom, Cayman Islands (Hi Steve!), Germany, France, India (hmmm), Italy, Netherlands and Russia.

In total, I've had 449 visits. Each visitor has viewed an average of 2.34 pages and spent two minutes and 30 seconds doing so. Most of you use Internet Explorer to browse, with Google Chrome coming in second, followed by Safari, Firefox and Opera. Three visits came through and Android Browser.

I could go on, but it gets a little monotonous. 

So I won't. 

Have a great Hump Day. Celebrate as you see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment