Sunday, February 19, 2012

Great Day!


Okay, that was a great day!

After a week of being cooped up in the house, Mother Nature granted us a beautiful day yesterday; perfect for a trip to the toboggan hill. As usual, I posted our plans on Facebook, hoping we'd get a big ol' party together on the hill.

As usual, the response was not huge. But, as is not usual, we actually did get one family out to share the day with us. And it was AWESOME!

I mean, the boys enjoy tobogganing and all, but after about 20 minutes on the hill yesterday they'd had enough and were ready to head home. It was then that our friends showed up. And with two new kids, close to their own ages to play with, Sonwun and Sontoo got their second wind.

It was so much fun to watch them all sliding and tumbling and crashing and laughing their way down the hill, over and over and over. And this time, the batteries were fully charged in my camcorder so I could catch the action in HD splendour!

We tuckered 'em all out and then headed back to our place for hot chocolate, a good chat, and some quality time with my movie editing program. It's Apple's iMovie and, honestly, it makes me look good. So easy to use. And the clips, when thrown together, with a little Ozzy for background music, looked great. 

Unfortunately, I can't upload it to YouTube with the Ozzy music. Something about copyright, blah, blah, blah. So I had to redo it with some generic muzak, but I still think it looks pretty cool.

Sontoo had one good wipeout on the hill with a friend, but he's fine. Just a little pissed off about getting snow in his face.

Anyhoo, looks like another great weather day here in Portage La Prairie, so we'll probably be heading out for a nice walk on a frozen creek nearby. Oh, and here's yesterday's video. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Saw the video on YouTube!
    looked like a lot of fun!
    I miss those days when i did that with zac
    :(

    ReplyDelete