Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stupid People Give me Gas

Well Happy Tuesday.


And Tuesday means . . . anyone? Right, preschool for Sonwun. You're learning the schedule.


Anyhoo, I will admit dropping him off makes me just a little tense. And it's not because I think he's going to have any problems or not enjoy himself. It's the temporary parking that we preschool parents must employ for drop-off and pick-up.


It's really not complicated. I would guess there are about 15 vehicle-sized spaces in the little roundabout area near the preschool door. Everyone must park on the right, as there is not sufficient room for parking on both sides. And there are about 25 students in preschool. So yeah, generally there are more cars than spaces, but it usually works out okay as parents arrive and depart at different times in the 10-minute drop-off window.


Now I should point out that stupid people give me gas, migraines, occasional sleeplessness, hammer toe, pain when standing, runny discharge, pain when sitting and a tendency toward violent thoughts. And there are a few stupid people on this planet.


I almost ran into one last week while attempting to park, but I didn't want to dent the truck. I was pulling in to the preschool roundabout and noticed there was one big space left, between two trucks, with plenty of room for two more cars; three if we packed 'em in tight. As I pulled in, there was one white car ahead of me. No problem.


The driver of this white car, however, decided that the best place to park would be right smack in the middle of the remaining space, leaving not quite enough room for one more vehicle in front of her and not quite enough room for one more vehicle behind her. We're talking dead centre.


I stopped myself just (and I mean just) short of unleashing a string of words that my four-year-old son need not be familiar with, stopped, and just stared as this large woman struggled to free herself from her vehicle, gathered her child and clomped off toward the school.


Now I realize it was partly my mood, but it just really pissed me off. And it nearly caused a stroke when she did the exact same thing at 3:15, pick-up time, after preschool. Fortunately, at that time, there were other spaces available.


My point? I don't have one. It's just what's on my mind this morning.


Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm taking a risk here, not knowing what you drive. But do you seem to find the level of stupidity among motorists increases in direct proportion to the size of vehicles they drive? I've seen some pretty scary mountains of metal navigating the streets.

    ReplyDelete