Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Still waiting

Still waiting.

The biopsy that was supposed to take place yesterday, did not. We're all hoping it will get done this week. But as of right now, there's no appointment scheduled and we're all just waiting for that.

(For those of you who missed yesterday's post, my mother found out she has a tumour which may or may not be cancerous.)

The waiting is difficult for me. I can't imagine what it's like for my mother. But she's decided to keep a journal and for her, like me, writing is cathartic. Getting it on paper (or in the computer) gets at least some of it out of your head and heart.

It's hard to focus on much else right now, which explains the weirdness (is that a word) of yesterday's post. I had written the turkey thing prior to finding out what was going on with my mother. And, rather than waste it, I tacked it on the end of yesterday's post. As I read it today, it did seem kind of stupid.

"My mom might have cancer, but here's what's happening with my turkey stock."

Sorry, my head's just not right.

Anyway, short post today, so as to reduce the risk of repeating yesterday's error.

Thanks to those of you crossing your fingers and offering good wishes and prayers. It is all very much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way (and mom's way too)

    ReplyDelete