Thursday, January 28, 2010

It Can Always be Worse . . .

Feeling much better today. Much, much better.

It's been a rough few days here as a nasty case of viral gastroenteritis (commonly, although incorrectly, referred to as stomach flu) ripped through the house. Man, does that suck!

If you missed the post a couple of days back, the disease impacts the ol' digestive system and fires fluid out every available orifice. In addition, fever, muscle aches and pains, and the sapping of all energy.

Sontoo picked it up first and passed it on to Neomom and me. And the adults took it far worse than the young one. Sonwun has somehow managed to dodge this one so far, thank goodness and knock wood.

The house is a disaster as, for the last two days, neither one of us could muster the energy for all but the basics. Feed children, change diapers, change movie, turn on Wii, put children to bed. There are toys all over the floor, the kitchen is a mess, blankets cover all furniture (in case of accidental toddler discharge) and there is a mountain of sweaty laundry.

And you know, all that stuff doesn't bother me today. It seems that just when you think your life is difficult, fate sends you a little gift like this to remind you that, well, it can always be worse.

And, the worst seems to be behind me this morning. My head is clear, my temperature is just under 100 and I'm ready to get the house back in order. I hope Neomom wakes up feeling the same way.

And that's all I have this morning. The last two days may or may not have contained amusing incidents. I don't remember. Fever fog and apathy.

Have a great Thursday!

2 comments: