Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's all New Again

Good morning and welcome to Tuesday.


Today, I plan to check out some on-line ways to make a little extra cash. I'm very, very leery, as most of these things seem to be scams. So, first on my list, is acquisition of some anti-virus, anti-malware software. I'm entering what I consider the red-light district of cyberspace and will feel better with a virtual condom.


So I've enlisted the help of my brothers at the Dad Stays Home website. Great place, by the way, for Stay-at-Home dads to meet to discuss everything from recipes and diaper changes to current events, sports and problems with our significant others. There are plenty of SAHD geeks here who, I'm sure, will let me know what software I need to protect my iMac.


Anyway, the first site I plan to check out is Mypoints.com. I saw a piece on the news about this site. It's not big money or anything, but it's a place to start. From what I understand, you read websites, take part in surveys . . . stuff like that, to earn points. These points are then converted into gift cards at on-line stores and such.


To be honest, I'm not expecting to make big bucks with this one, but it's something I can do in my spare time (nap time) and, hopefully pick up a little extra spending money. I will let you know how it goes. But, as I said, first step is protection.


In other news, the wife is back to work and I'm adjusting to life in Thompson. It's a different world here, I must say. And I'm feeling what I believe to be claustrophobia, to some extent. My backyard is about 1/100th the size of the old one. So stepping out back for a breath of fresh air is not at all the same. I am surrounded by neighbours, not nature. I hear a thousand sounds, but I don't hear the rustling of the leaves in the trees, or birds singing.


Must stop comparing. This is the new reality and there is plenty of positives. Must focus on those. Anyway, my little world is waking up and it's time to get busy.


Have yourselves a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment