Thursday, July 30, 2009

Computer Genius

Another day in paradise, another day living the dream . . .


Woke up this morning and puked. Not a great start to the day.


Not sure why it happened. I'm feeling a little off this morning and hope it's not the flu or something like that. We'll have to wait and see I guess. Nevertheless, the kids have been fed and the kitchen's clean. So whatever else happens until noon, I'm good.


Sonwun and Sontoo have been playing upstairs since breakfast. We didn't have an "upstairs" until we moved here. So, while I'm getting the kitchen in order, I can hear their little feet pounding around on the hardwood. I'm learning which "thump, thump, thump" means they're running and which one means they've both fallen off the bed while doing aerobics. The latter is usually followed by screaming.


In any case, in the course of kitchen cleaning this morning, I've had to make two trips upstairs; one for each of the progeny. Sonwun (who is now doing time in his room for teasing the dog) made a pretty good thump when he fell off the bed, but has quickly recovered. Sontoo, offering a slightly lesser thump, is sporting a bright red mark on his cheek - not sure what he hit. But he seems to be okay now.


But at least they're not on the computer. Sontoo has taken to hopping on my computer chair the second I'm out of site, and experience with Sonwun has taught me this is not a good thing.


I'm not sure if they are computer geniuses or if they are just so good at causing trouble, it translates naturally to electronics. When Sonwun was about two, he had the same habit Sontoo is developing now. And somehow, about a year and a half ago, he managed to get to the computer, bring up the home folder and rename it. This tends to cause major problems, as every program looking for the home folder can no longer find it. That was a $75 call to Apple tech support.


Sontoo, thus far in his computer experience, has managed to launch a video of himself learning to walk and, this morning, I believe he attempted to rename the home folder. Fortunately, he's not as adept as his elder brother. Silly child used a "." in the new name. Every computer programmer knows you can't do that, so when I caught up to him, the computer was reminding him of this and asking for a different name. I scooped him up before he had the chance to wreak that havoc once again.


Anyway, much to do again today. I am just waiting for Sontoo to poop, so that we can change that diaper and head out to do some shopping and return a video. So much easier to wait for that bit of paradise, than to make the change in the van.


No comments:

Post a Comment