Thursday, October 3, 2013

Well rested . . . still cynical

Got a decent night's sleep last night for the first time in a while. So hopefully this will not read, as much, like insomnniacal raving.

I'm thinking of moving the computer. It sits beside the television right now. And the news is on. And I want to comment on everything I see. Like the commercial I'm seeing right now. Bunch of teens vowing to take a stand against violence. Super. They'll be easy to eliminate by those that have taken a vow of power, greed and wealth. You know, politicians, senators.

Sigh. So cynical so early in the morning. Maybe if I sleep well for a full week. I'm willing to experiment.

I think the computer would be better downstairs. There I can sit quietly, without TV, and muse about the hilarious things my children do and dispense my child-rearing wisdom; my political genius and my moral outrage. Those are the things that make blogging fun.

On the news now? Further attempts to destroy Toronto Mayor Rob Ford. Apparently a friend of his, or someone he once knew, has been arrested for some drug thing. Ooooo. The reporter is practically drooling. It's kinda sad. Seems if you shook hands with his dentist's receptionist's, boyfriend's, mother's auto mechanic, you better watch out. Toronto media is watching you, hoping, dreaming, that when you pray in church, you don't kneel correctly. It'll be front page news.

I mean, so the guy is facing drug charges. If police were a little more on the ball, Justin Trudeau would be facing drug charges. I mean, the boy admitted to it. (A lawmaker breaking the law? Shocking!) That was news for a day or two. If he'd been a friend of Rob Ford, we'd still be hearing about it. But he's not. We're hearing more about some guy who drove Ford's car a couple of times. How screwed up is that?

It really is difficult to stay on a theme when the news is on.


Have a good Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment