Thursday, October 10, 2013

Swim Time!



Okay, so a day or two back, I sympathized with the plight of the younger of my two boys, following a diminished level of enthusiasm, on my part, for the loss of his first baby tooth. And fair enough.

But today we'll look at one of the advantages to being the youngest.

On Wednesday, I accompanied Sontoo's Kindergarten class to the indoor swimming pool here in town. I had a blast and I'm pretty sure Sontoo was glad to have me along. It was my first time being a parent helper at one of these events.

You see, when Sonwun was in Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 2, I never got to go along on these outings as I was not allowed to bring Sontoo. But now I can. And I am really sorry I missed the chance to do this with Sonwun.

It's one thing to hear his stories after school, and watch him for a bit at the playground, but it's another thing to see him interact with his fellow students and his teachers for a whole hour in a swimming pool.

I thought it was pretty cool that he didn't cling to me the whole time. In fact, most of the time I'm sure he forgot I was even there. Little Mr. Independence ditched me the second the water slide opened. I remained on rope duty, ensuring none of the little ones made it to the deep end. 

It was fun, relaxing and I got a chance to get to meet some of Sontoo's classmates and some of their parents. My Time-Talking-To-Adults quota hasn't been even close to full over the last several years. So, very welcome.

Really wish there was more to this story. You know, some hilarious or brilliant way to close. Something that will make you think, ponder and perhaps find blah, blah blah.


Have a good Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Glad YOU had fun at the pool. I was bullied by this little kid who apparently recognized me and swam over and splashed me a LOT while giggling at his delightfulness the whole time.

    I'm NOT EVEN KIDDING!

    ReplyDelete