Friday, August 21, 2009

I Asked for It


Well that'll teach me. Yesterday morning, I finished the blog entry with: "Have a good day all. I'm pretty sure I will."


Apparently whoever controls what happens here found this amusing and decided I needed to be wrong, yet again.


The day started poorly, with Sontoo's morning bottle. We use the kind with the disposable liners. (Had plastic ones with Sonwun and then that BPH warning came out, switched to this system - grrr) I warmed the milk, poured it into the bottle and, well, missed. Forgot the liner and, for whatever reason, didn't notice it was missing until half of the milk was flowing across the counter.


Okay, no big deal, grab the paper towels . . . okay, grab the empty spool that once held paper towels. Check cupboard . . . add paper towels to the shopping list. Still no big deal. Clean up with j-cloth, add liner, add milk, hand bottle to annoyed child and move on.


At breakfast, I managed to get a bowl of cereal and banana into Sontoo, which is good. Sonwun had the standard toast and jam, banana on the side.


Sontoo was satisfied, so I cleaned him up and let him go on his way. Sonwun, the elder, wanted a yogurt as well. Great! S

o I got him a strawberry yogurt and went about cleaning up the kitchen. Nature called, so I answered.


I came back downstairs to find Sonwun painting the table with yogurt. I was angry. As I got closer, I saw yogurt on the floor; obviously slung with a spoon, I'm gonna say five to 10 times. I was more angry.


And then I saw the dog, with yogurt all over its back. It's a good size dog, a Golden Retriever. So that's a pretty big back and it was well covered. I was furious. The countdown was on for swim class and now I had a dog to bathe. I don't like yelling, but I y

elled. I sent him to his room and sent the dog outside. I found a cloth and took it upstairs, handed it to the offender and brought him downstairs to clean the floor and walls. (He did a decent job).


After cleaning the table and the remainder of the breakfast dishes, I let the dog back in, took her upstairs and put her in the tub. Quick wash, quick dry and into the mud room to complete the drying process. Didn't want the smell of wet dog throughout the house.

Swim class went well, and Sonwun even provided me with a smile while we were leaving. He saw this sign and said, "Look

Dad, no letters allowed."


Following lunch and nap, I needed some time with the boys. It had been a rough day, relationship-wise. So I sat downstairs, we built a train track (Geotrax - cool!), watched The Lion King and had a great time. I had neglected my supper-making duties, so I called Boston Pizza and ordered up some chicken fingers for the boys and a rib dinner for Daddy.


We got the chicken fingers, but the girl who took my order: "Slow Roasted Ribs," a dinner; somehow heard "Cracked Pepper Dry Ribs," an appetizer.


But that was yesterday. Today's a new day and it sounds like Sontoo's awake in his crib. And, as I sit here listening to him on the baby monitor, it actually sounds like he's saying, "Dad? Daddy? Dada!"


I haven't heard him say that in the morning before. And while that brings a smile to my face, I will not make the same mistake twice.


Today is looking like one crappy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment