Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 2

Good morning and welcome to Day 2.


The boys slept well last night, which is good. I did not. Which is bad.


As the only adult in the house now, I am more concerned with Sontoo's cold. When the wife is here, we both assume one of us will hear him if he starts the seal-like cough that goes with croup. So we sleep okay, and we've always heard it. Now, I'm the only one that can do anything about it if it starts. I was up at 3 a.m. listening to him breathe. And I didn't get back to sleep.


Fortunately, I went to bed pretty early, so I got enough sleep to get me through the day.


So, what's on the agenda today? Well, after breakfast, I will start getting the boys ready for Sonwun's swimming lessons, which start today. I am hoping against hope that he will enjoy the class, listen to the instructor and do what he's told. Listening is not one of his stronger attributes. But we've talked about it, we'll talk about it again at breakfast and we will talk about it on the way to the pool. Hopefully it will sink in.


Last night, and this morning, we talked to Mommy through the miracle of computers and webcams. It was great to see her face and talk for a few minutes. Having been born in the era of rotary dial telephones, I am impressed with how far technology has taken us in my short lifetime. It's wonderful that Mommy can see her boys every day while she's away. I think, and hope, it makes the separation just a little easier to take.


As for life in Thompson, we are into Day 4 of the Boil Water Advisory. The water mains are being flushed as we speak and, when that's all done, they'll be doing random testing around town to make sure all is well.


And just in case you were wondering, it is 8 degrees here today. That's 46.4 F for those of you down south. It's a chilly day, made just a little more pleasant by the constant drizzle and wind. So it's an indoor kinda day. Maybe we'll pick up a video or two on the way home from swimming lessons.


Again, wish me luck. I'm feeling a little better today. The initial shock has worn off and we're slowly working back into the routine of normal life. Should get a little better each day. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mike
    I book marked your new blog site. Hang in there!! It is great that Sunny can see the boys via the web cam. I bet she is missing them quite a bit as well. I am looking forward to visiting you guys!!
    Give Sonwun and Two big hugs for me OK??
    Love Ya
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike
    I have joined this site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you guys and hoping you can keep the croup at bay. Good that S. is settled and arrived safely. But...8 degrees?? Are you kidding?!! Holy! That just made me laugh after what I just posted : )

    ReplyDelete