Friday, February 19, 2010

Rambling

Okay, mission accomplished.

I managed to find low and no-carb snacks on yesterday's shopping trip. If you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about, see yesterday's post.

So, winner #1 is almonds. Three net grams of carbs per quarter bag. And by net grams, I mean grams of carbs minus grams of fibre. That's how it works. Don't ask me why. Almonds are tasty, salty and they do a pretty decent job of filling me up and killing the hunger pangs. Downside is that they're expensive. Stupid expensive.

Winner 2 is radishes. I read that 10 medium size radishes is equal to one carb. Great. I love radishes, they're a vegetable and I can eat them all day.

Number 3 is pepperoni. Again, tasty. And I get one carb for each stick. They're pretty big sticks.

Number 4 is pumpkin seeds. Three grams of carbs minus three grams of fibre. Not a big fan of them though. I like pumpkin seeds fresh out of the oven, crisp, a little burned even. The pre-packaged ones are a little soggy, a little on the soft side. Hmm, maybe I'll throw them in the oven before consumption.

Anyway, enough of that crap.

Survivor. I'm not buying whatever was going on last night with Boston Rob. It just didn't add up.

If he passed out and fell over (as the creative camera work suggested), why was his hat sitting neatly over his eyes as if he were sleeping? When people pass out, they tend to fall forward, not backward. Why was he on his back? While the Australia chick told the camera she "saw everything," she did not elaborate on anything. Why not. They usually tell all.

Probst didn't look like he was buying it either. He looked like a guy who'd been roped into playing along.

Oh, and medical, of course, found nothing wrong. So his explanation of "the flu" doesn't fly. With the flu he'd at least have had an elevated temperature.

Something stinks here and I'll guess we'll just have to watch to find out what this little game was all about.

I have to wonder, with the professional poker career not exactly taking off, maybe ol' Rob is using this Survivor season as an audition for an acting career. If so, more lessons needed. It just didn't ring true.

And . . . enough of that crap.

Playgroup day today and . . . it's Friday and Neomom has the weekend "off." Which means hours of homework.

So have a great day and a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I was also not buying the Boston Rob thing - I kept waiting for him to tell all on the camera aside but not yet I guess. Someday...

    ReplyDelete