Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Boom!

So I'm sitting at the computer yesterday morning. Sonwun clomps down the stairs and wanders into the kitchen. The following conversation ensues:

Him: Dad, can I see something blow up?

Me: I don't think so.

Him: Why?

Me: Why do you want to see something blow up.

Him: Because maybe it will be cool. Maybe I would want to see it again blow up. I'm a boy and I think stuff is cool.

No point really, just a slice of my life. Every now and again, he'll come up with stuff that just makes me shake my head. This was one of those things.

Anyhoo, yesterday was kind of a slow, quiet one. Got in a run on the treadmill. Well, a good brisk walk anyway. It had been more than a week and I figured running would probably hurt. But I made it more than two miles and read four or five chapters of James Patterson's Big Bad Wolf while doing it. All good.

As I mentioned yesterday, last night kicked off Thompson's WinterFest. No, we did not go out in the -30 weather to warm up by the bonfire, suck back a few hot chocolates or see the fireworks.

Turns out, though, that Sonwun and I got a front-row seat for the fireworks while sitting on the couch. The living room window faces the direction of the rec centre, so we stayed warm and still got to ooh and ahh to our hearts' content. Sonwun really enjoyed the show.

So I guess he got what he requested earlier in the day. He got to see something blow up again and again. He is a boy, after all, and thinks that stuff is cool.

2 comments:

  1. Way better watching from inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just dropped by to check your blog out. Nice to meet you and looking forward to seeing you on Daddy Stays Home. Also, found it interesting that you worked in the newspaper industry. Check out my blog if you get a chance and leave any critiques if you want. All are welcome.

    ReplyDelete