Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend Update





Well Happy Monday!


It's a fresh -27C here this morning in the paradise that is Thompson, Manitoba. That, for my friends in the south (meaning almost everyone I know, but I'm referring to those in the U.S.) is -16.6F.


Oh, and when you factor in the wind, it feel like -35C (-31F).


Oh Timmy . . . it looks like we'll have a white Christmas after all! (Insert picture of smarmy, squeaky clean, pajama-clad children staring and smiling vacantly out the window, circa 1950-something.)


Anywhoo . . .


It's been a busy few days. And I'd like to blame that for the blog shortage . . . so I will. I will also blame it for the disjointed post this morning. Too many thoughts, too little time.


This weekend, we finally picked up some stuff for the rec room. Two couches, a chair and ottoman and a new TV. The TV we got on Thursday (LCD=WOW) and the furniture arrived Saturday. That meant a Friday night and Saturday morning of rushed cleaning, dusting and decorating to prepare for the new arrivals. It ain't exactly top of the line stuff, but it's soft and it's a place to sit.


And, it didn't fit down the stairs to the rec room.


So, with the help of The Brick delivery guys (thanks, really!), we moved all the living room stuff into the rec room and put the new rec room stuff in the living room. It all works out in the end and I will get to watch the Olympics next year in high definition - cool!


Yesterday, we celebrated Sonwun's fourth birthday. I can't believe it's been four years already.


Unfortunately, I think it was a little disappointing for him. We did our best, decorating the rec room Saturday night with about 25 balloons, streamers and stuff. But he was under the impression (not sure why) that all of his friends would be coming to celebrate with him. And by all his friends, he means people back in Gimli as well as family members who live some 2000+ kilometers away. He misses them and talks about all of them every now and again.


But we worked with what we had and he seemed to enjoy himself.


We had the added bonus of the RCMP kids' Christmas party yesterday. I wanted to tell him that it was his "real" birthday party and that even Santa came to celebrate it with him. But I didn't.


Following that, we headed out to Boston Pizza for his birthday dinner and then home to watch The Santa Clause and The Grinch before bed. Pretty good day all around.


Neomom has a few days off this week, but will be hitting the books downstairs in the office. With furniture in the rec room, we'll be closer and she'll feel a little less isolated as the boys can now play nearby.


Anyway, that's the weekend update. I once again pledge to try to keep this a daily thing, not only to keep my writing (or make my writing) sharp, but because it will keep my from getting nasty emails from my sister-in-law, who likes reading this first thing in the a.m.


Enjoy Cupcake!



Tried a flash-free shot and it almost worked. But got some nasty lens flare. Thought I'd post it anyway. Happy Birthday Sonwun!!


2 comments: