Wednesday, December 30, 2009

#119

Happy Hump Day!


Celebrate as you see fit.


So, I've been to Moo Moo Meadows and I've seen the Coconut Mall. Yes, we got a Wii and I've been racing my Mario Kart in to the wee hours. I don't sleep well when Neomom's away and this isn't helping.


She left Monday, and I was up until 2 a.m. Tuesday racing fellow Miis from around the globe. Kinda cool that I can play against people from Japan who, at 2 a.m., were probably playing at around 2 p.m. Must look that up.


Okay, so it's 5:41 a.m. here in Thompson right now, and it's 8:41 p.m. in Tokyo. So, let's see, at 2 a.m. here it would have been about 5 p.m. there. I was close.


Anyhoo, in Neomom's absence, I've removed the eyesore that was our Christmas tree. It was dropping needles at an alarming rate - literally a small pile overnight, every night. It had fulfilled its Christmas destiny and was ready for the bonfire.


I left the rest of the decorations in place, as I'm not quite ready for the Christmas season to end. Purolator arrived yesterday with the final gift for the boys - a little table with two chairs. It's kinda cool and I hope against hope the boys can enjoy it without battling over space. I doubt it, but you never know.


Neomom and I also received a gift membership to Zip.ca, a DVD-by-mail rental outfit that I didn't even know existed.


I've already created my zip list of movies I want to see and, apparently, the first two are in the mail. I'm told they come with postage-paid envelopes and, when I've seen them, I just mail them back and zip sends out the next two on my list, as available. It's kind of nice to have access to so many movies when you live in a place like Thompson. Yeah, we have a Blockbuster and a Rogers Plus, but they don't necessarily have all the movies I'm looking for. I'll let you know how this Zip.ca thing goes.


As for New Years, no plans as yet, beyond watching the Canada-U.S. World Junior hockey game and maybe racing through Koopa Cape on my Wii. I expect Neomom will be home by then, but there are not guarantees. She was hoping to be home last night, but I woke up alone, so I guess something came up.


Anyway, have a great Hump Day and, in case I don't blog in the next day or two, have a great New Year's Eve.


Celebrate as you see fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment