Monday, November 30, 2009

26 Days to Go . . .

Happy Monday!


Twenty-six days until Christmas and I'm officially allowing myself to get excited about it. There is little to be excited about here in Thompson, so I think I have to grab on to whatever's available and really run with it.


I think it started for me a week or two ago. Walking through the mall, and watching the drunks sway to Burl Ives' Holly Jolly Christmas, really put me in the Thompson Christmas mood. So much more festive than the drunks swaying to the regular musak.


So . . . must locate and pull out the Christmas decorations from the basement. Oohh, and that reminds me, the advent calendar my sister gave me a few years back. Must get to the store and find little things to put in there today. December 1 is tomorrow!


And, Sonwun's birthday is on December 6. Must get cake stuff to make birthday cake. Must also get presents for birthday and Christmas. So much fun stuff to do!


Neomom and I will not be getting presents for each other this year, again. It has become a bit of a tradition to get something for the house instead.


This year, maybe it will be a new cooktop, as the one we have now is crapping out. Or, it may be a new clothes dryer, as the the one we have now is crapping out . . . oh the fun we'll have Christmas morning drying clothes! Third option is couch and TV for the rec room. We'll just have to wait and see what becomes most urgent.


Anyway, in spite of the Christmas tasks, a regular new week begins today. Neomom's got the afternoon shift (1-9) so she'll be here in the mornings this week, which is nice. But she's got a crap load of studying to do, so she'll be downstairs in her little office the whole time, which is not nice. Oh well, only another 10 months of this and then things will, hopefully, settle down to a normally hectic pace.


Slept in a little this morning, so I must keep it short today and, sorry, I didn't do my photo of the day.


Hope y'all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I did the "no presents" thing last year and I ended up so sad about it I decided no more of that! :) Thanks for your fun and wry posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take it you don't advertise your blog in Thompson ; )

    ReplyDelete