Monday, May 3, 2010

The Best Laid Plans . . .

Well, Happy Monday!

It's 5 a.m. and I've been up for an hour now. Anxious I guess.

The Deck: Still working on it. Neomom had the weekend off, according to her schedule. So, on Saturday morning, in spite of the below-zero temperatures, high wind and snow, I went to work. I just have to take advantage of Neomom's days off if I want to make any serious progress.

And it was a good day. I dressed for the weather and spent all day outside. I managed to finish the frame and get a fair bit of decking in place. My body protested, but the hot shower at the end of the day made it all worthwhile. And, I figured, if I put in the same amount of work Sunday, I could be enjoying my coffee on the deck Monday morning. Even if I had to wear a snowsuit, dammit, I was gonna do it.

Sunday morning, at 7 a.m., Neomom got the call. And she was off to Churchill . . . FOR THIS . . . most likely for a couple of days. The best laid plans . . .

But, in spite of this little fly in the ointment, I did manage to get a couple of hours in while the boys napped. Coffee on the deck will have to wait. Grrrr.

Anyhoo, it's -5C this morning with a forecast high of 5C. The rest of the week looks equally chilly. I will have to do my best to finish the deck, a little at a time, when the boys sleep. Next weekend, the temperatures are looking a little nicer. Hopefully, by then, I can enjoy my coffee on the deck.

Have a great week.

P.S. This one seems a tad disjointed. Tired. Don't sleep well when Neomom is away.

2 comments:

  1. The thought of working on a deck in sub-zero weather makes my head hurt. Are you ever going to have warm enough weather to enjoy the thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope for three great months and maybe another so-so month. But yeah, when it comes, I will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete