Thursday, April 29, 2010

Not so Gentle Reminder . . .

Well, the deck's coming along nicely, thank you.

My back is sore, my arms are sore . . . sucks getting older. Sucks being reminded you're getting older. I still attack a job like this as though I was 20. And in my mind, I still am. Until of course my body tells me otherwise. As it is this morning.

It's been more than 20 years since I worked in any sort of professional capacity as a carpenter. And during this particular project, I have Sonwun to remind me that I ain't the carpenter I once was . . . constantly.

"Okay, Sonwun, I don't want you hanging around her while I'm building. It's a little dangerous. So why don't you go back there and play in your sandbox."

"Okay."

Thirty seconds later, he's back.

"You missed the nail Daddy."

"I know Sonwun."

"You missed again Daddy."

"I know Sonwun."

"You sure hit the wood a lot Daddy."

"Back to the sandbox, NOW, Sonwun."

"Why is the nail all bendy, Daddy?"

"SANDBOX! NOW!"

Anyhoo, I got most of the frame done yesterday and hope to finish it up today, get it inspected tomorrow and put the decking in place on the weekend. I am really looking forward to coffee on the deck one of these days.

And, as I have a lot of work today, I'm gonna keep this short this morning.

Have yourselves a great Thursday. The weekend's on its way!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I am impressed you can get it done with the boys there. :)

    ReplyDelete