Monday, May 10, 2010

The Deck

Well, Happy Monday!

I'm feeling a little lazy this morning, so I thought I'd take Kim up on her request for pics of my deck project.

This one is the house just before commencement of construction. You'll note the patio doors that are two feet off the ground. The shaky stairs have been removed and are in the foreground.


Frame is in place, shaky stairs being used for now, until I can build some new ones.


Decking in place. Now just waiting for some better weather before I finish up with the rails and new stairs. I probably don't need to point this out, but I will anyway. The reason it looks a little off level is the wide angle lens.

Trust me. That sucker's level. Worked very hard to be sure.

Sonwun enjoying his "tire swing" in the back yard. Just a bonus shot. Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. great pics - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's great to get a visual. When can you expect green grass and a bit of warmth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going up to 16 today— warmer than Winnipeg and I think even Toronto! As for green grass, I really have no idea. Will have to wait and see. I think things were still pretty brown around here when we moved up last year in July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job. Room for the Hot Tub in the corner - lol.

    Grandma sent me pics of Sonwun and Sontoo - They belong in a Norman Rockwell painting. You have your hands full

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you know how to make a good cup of coffee because I am going to enjoy sitting out there with my coffee every morning!! Can't wait to see you guys!!! Deck looks awesome, and I agree with Bear.....a hot tub would be perfect - LOL

    ReplyDelete