Monday, March 8, 2010

Video Rookie

I admit it. I'm behind the times.

Thought I could keep up, but it's moving just a bit too fast these days.

So let's talk Youtube, shall we? Interesting concept, interesting place. People post videos of every kind, that they've created or re-recorded, for the world to see. And I do mean every kind.

But that's not what I'm thinking about today. Youtube is also a hosting site for videos that you don't want the world to see. And that's what I'm trying to use it for.
Not that I'm posting nasty stuff, I'm just not sure I want the world to see Sonwun and Sontoo just yet. At least not on that forum. Don't know why, maybe I'm just paranoid.

But when I create a video of the boys, I have a hard time emailing it to their aunts, uncles and grandparents. They are generally too big to email. Enter Youtube.

As I type this, I've attempted to upload my second video. I tried one earlier today, but apparently due to copyright laws, the music (5,000 Miles by the Proclaimers) was disallowed and removed from the video.

The video was of Sontoo's early walking experiences and the song made it work. Without the music, it just isn't near as much fun. So I deleted it.

The second video is of the boys at a playground, shot today. And it's more of an experiment to find out if I can do this, keep it private but share it with those I'm comfortable with.

- - - - -

That was a break for supper, bedtime and all that.

- - - - -

Didn't figure it out yesterday. It's now 6 a.m. and I will keep trying today, as the boys permit. I did manage to post the video and several family members were able to view it. But I can't do it, yet, when the video is private. Hmm.

Anyhoo, yesterday was a good dad day. I made peanut butter cookies, walked the boys to a park to play and managed their favourite supper, chicken fingers (home made), tater tots (not so much home made) and corn.

Plans may have already changed for today, as we are looking at going to Paint Lake to take advantage of the 10C weather. Time will tell.

Anyhoo, have a great week and, if you have any Youtube suggestions, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment