Thursday, June 13, 2013

SUPER DAD


Yesterday I forgot to mention that Sonwun was forced to wear a dirty baseball shirt to his game Tuesday night. Why?

On Tuesday morning, before school, I decided the mountain of dirty clothes in the corner of his room needed some attention. I had spotted his baseball shirt in the mix and I knew he needed it that night. And so, in an effort to be a good parent and instill a little responsibility, I told him he needed to get his clothes down to the laundry room, so that he would have clean stuff for baseball. 

I passed the same message along to Sontoo who, not wanting to be left out, immediately grabbed his hamper bag and ran downstairs in order to beat his brother to the punch.

Fast-forward to 15 minutes before it's time to leave for baseball and soccer. Sonwun, as I knew he would, came out of his room wearing his dirty, grass-stained baseball shirt. He'd dug it from the pile of dirty laundry still occupying the corner of his bedroom beside the dresser. And he got a lecture about responsibility, about doing his part, doing little chores to make the household run efficiently. I explained the importance of us all working together for the common good. I told him "I forgot" is not an acceptable excuse. And I gave him my best disappointed look. 

I think it sunk in. I think he learned a valuable lesson. Parenting complete. I am Father the Wise.

So, to summarize, Sonwun had to wear dirty clothes to his baseball game because he did not get them to the laundry room in time for washing, as he'd been asked to do. 

Sontoo, on the other hand, did as he was asked. He gathered all his laundry and got it to the laundry room, with LOTS of time to spare. 

And he got to wear a dirty soccer uniform because I forgot to wash it.


I'm an awesome parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment