Monday, August 3, 2015

Change of Plans



So . . . change of plans.

Didn’t end up in Golden, BC. We’ve gone in the other direction and are now living in Huntsville, Ontario.

I’m not ready to get into the why and how just yet. It’s not entirely my story to tell. I try to tell only my own.

But, bottom line, Huntsville is one of the places Neomom and I loved as children. And when starting a new chapter in one’s life, why not start somewhere you love. So we did.

Huntsville is beautiful. This is the third tourist town I’ve lived in, so I’m okay with the crazy influx of “citiots” every weekend. Yeah, they call them that in every tourist town; the folks who invade and believe the laws of the land are different in your small town. But I’m not going there right now.

I know you’re wondering about Sonwun and Sontoo. After all, when I started this blog thing, that’s pretty much what it was about.

Well, Sonwun is now 9 and extremely adventurous. He lives to climb, swim, bike and eat beyond his limits. He is responsible for my ever-increasing grey hair. But I wouldn’t have him any other way.

Sontoo is an artist. In every way. He expresses himself in ways others wish they could. He prefers not to talk, if there’s an option. He would rather point, act out or speak in his own language to communicate. 

And here in Huntsville, I believe, they will have greater opportunities to channel their energies and turn them into something awesome. I’m looking forward to it.

For Neomom and I, Huntsville offers clean, beautiful water in abundance. We live to swim, kayak, canoe and fish. It’s a bit of a dream come true to be able to do that within five minutes of our home.


That’s all I have for today. Have a great holiday Monday.


1 comment:

  1. It's okay for plans to change. If life takes us in a direction where our current "plan" isn't working, then it's time for a new one. I'm glad you guys found a beautiful place for your new start!

    ReplyDelete